A couple of little drivelettes for you on this lovely Friday:
(1) I know I live in Chicago, which is a city rich in its own sports traditions, but I can't help being a fan of the D. Especially when they have a sports night like they had last night.
The Basketball team (Pistons) finished off their playoff series against the 76ers with a 23-point win in Philadelphia.
The Hockey team (Red Wings) finished a playoff sweep of their series against an old rival, the Avalanche.
The Baseball team (Tigers) swept the Yankees at Yankee stadium for the first time in forty-some years. This after a horrendous 0-7 start to the season. They are now one game away from getting back to a .500 record.
The Football team (Lions)... will continue to be the Lions until proven innocent.
(2) I found this link yesterday about an embattled Australian politician who is being asked to resign from office because he sniffed the freshly sat-in chair of a female staffer.
What they don't tell you is whether or not she was still in the room when he sniffed the chair.
I just want to know what kind of a world do we live in where an Australian politician can't even sniff the chair of a female staffer without being accused of creepiness? What if he just likes the smell of chairs? And even if he is pervy, so what? I mean come on, he's Australian! AND a politician! They're lucky he wasn't belligerent and drunk at the time, unless he was, in which case never mind.
(3) It is catastrophically raining right now.
(4) This wikipedia factoid was in a random draft email that I wrote but never sent:
The question "The tomato: is it a fruit, or is it a vegetable?" found its way into the United States Supreme Court in 1893. The court ruled unanimously in Nix v. Hedden, 1893, that a tomato is correctly identified as, and thus taxed as, a vegetable, for the purposes of the 1883 Tariff Act on imported produce. However, the court did acknowledge that botanically speaking, a tomato is a fruit.
What a useless little piece of information.
(5) What else was I going to post today...? Oh yeah! COME SEE MY SHOW!
Robot vs. Dinosaur Presents:
The Greatest Stories Never Told . . . TOLD!
Saturdays and Sundays (April 26th-May 11th, 2008) at 4:00 PM$10 General Admission
Gorilla Tango Theatre,1919 N. Milwaukee Ave in Chicago, IL
Two shows this weekend, both awesome. Come on down and bring everyone you know!
Ok ladies and gents, that's enough from me. Happy Friday!