AND I HATE BEING LAUGHED AT!!
Well, at least when it comes to my general inability to remember widely known calendrical details. In my own defense, though, they are basically the same holiday. Yes, I know that one is about celebrating Labor and one is about celebrating Memory. But I submit the following as evidence:
- Both are on a Monday
- Both mean a three day weekend
- Both mark an important milestone for Summer
- Both heavily involve barbecues and drinking
- Both involve the availability of public swimming pools
- Nobody knows what either is actually celebrating
They are therefore proven to be the same exact day. Quid pro quo. That’s a term, right? Did I use it correctly? Should I have used Cogito Ergo Sum? Anyone know Latin out there?